Green building is an integrated framework of design, construction, and operations practices that encompasses the environmental, economic, and social impacts of buildings. Green building practices recognize the interdependence of the natural and built environments and seek to minimize the use of energy, water, and other natural resources and provide a healthy, productive indoor environment. Since 2004, PSU has implemented a green building policy requiring all new construction and major renovations to meet the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification through the U.S.Green Building Council.
A Sampling of LEED Certified Buildings on Campus
- Academic and Student Recreation Center (Gold)
- Biology Research Greenhouses (Silver)
- Broadway Residence Hall (Silver)
- Engineering Building (Gold)
- Lincoln Hall (Platinum)
- Science Research & Teaching Center (Gold)
- Shattuck Hall (Gold)
- Stephen Epler Residence Hall (Silver)
Find out more about PSU's green buildings.