Profiles - Academic Programs
Browse by category:
- All Categories
- Campus Life
- Athletics & Recreation
- Bike Hub
- Campus Public Safety
- Campus Recreation
- Daily Messages
- Diversity and Multicultural Student Services
- Diversity at PSU
- Housing Dining & Residence Life
- Information Technologies
- Portland State of Mind
- Vikings Athletics
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Multicultural Center
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Student Groups & Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Visit Portland State
- Women's Resource Center
- Academics & Research
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of the Arts
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Black Studies
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Lakes & Reservoirs
- Center for Science Education
- Chicano-Latino Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- General Studies
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Native American Studies
- Religious Studies
- School of the Environment
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Women Gender and Sexuality Studies
- World Languages & Literatures
- School of Social Work
- College of Urban & Public Affairs
- School of Community Health
- Hatfield School of Government
- Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies
- Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning
- PSU Library
- Academic Programs
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Turkish Studies
- Challenge & LINK Programs
- Honors Program
- Education Abroad
- Intensive English Language Program
- International Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- Peace Corps Master's International
- Sustainability at PSU
- Systems Science Graduate Program
- University Studies
- Academic Services
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Advising & Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- International Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission
- Oregon Residency Status
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Studies
- Office of International Affairs
- Registration & Records
- Dean of Student Life
- Veterans' Services
- Writing Center
- Alumni & Giving
- Academic Affairs
- University Advancement
- Finance & Administration
- Government Relations
- Commission on the Status of Women
- University Communications
- Featured Content
- Global Diversity & Inclusion
Browse by profile type:
Capacity building for the common good: PSU’s interdisciplinary minor in civic leadership.
Authored by: Nishishiba, Masami & Kecskes, Kevin. This article discusses the history, structure, and roles of academic and community partners associated with the Civic Leadership minor, and elaborates the philosophical foundation of the interdisciplinary curriculum that aims to build student capacity for the common good.
Engineering Star - Joining an elite academy
Pollution Prevention - Restoring stream banks with plants and people
Certain Chemistry - Cooking up a killer app. TB and malaria, beware!
PA Professor Marcus Ingle
Interested in Global Leadership? What about traveling? If yes, Professor Ingle's Development Management in Vietnam class might be a good fit for you.
Meet Professor Graig Spolek
The city is Professor Spolek's laboratory.
Meet Professor Dundar Kocaoglu
Dundar Kocaoglu and his team of researchers have developed a process to help companies make strategic decisions using mathematical models to determine a decision's impact.
Meet Professor Scott Wells
Scott Wells specializes in developing computer models for reservoirs, lakes, and rivers in order to maintain their quality.
Meet Professor Peter Dusicka
Peter Dusicka's research revolves around promoting survivability through materials and engineering.
Learning Garden Laboratory
Promoting sustainable gardening, growing food and healthy nutrition.
Meet Professor Heejun Chang
Professor Chang believes that the 21st century will be the Climate and Water Century.
David Ervin, Professor, Environmental Sciences and Resources
Jennifer H. Allen, associate professor of Public Administration and director of the Institute for Sustainable Solutions.
Meet Professor Dilafruz Williams
Do you want to talk "politics, public education and environment?" Meet Dr. Dilafruz Williams.
Integrating the science of sustainability with citizen engagement and decision making efforts
Meet Professor Karen Karavanic
Karen Karavanic's enthusiasm for research motivates her to integrate cutting edge results into all of her courses.
Meet Professor Andrew G. Fountain
This Ice Man travels the world to study glaciers, including the one named after him the Fountain Glacier in Antarctica.
Exploring how cities and people use energy.
Meet Professor Thomas Gillpatrick
Oregon's food industry has a lot of cravings. Tom Gillpatrick satisfies them.
Meet Professor Robert Bertini
Meet Professor Mark Sytsma
When aliens invade our waters, Mark Sytsma fights back.