How do I apply for a Graduate Assistantship?

Graduate Assistantships provide remission of the instructional fee portion of tuition and a salary on a regular periodic basis as compensation for the service provided each term of the appointment. There are three types of assistantships: teaching, research, and administrative. You must be a full-time graduate student, regularly admitted to a graduate degree program, and in good academic standing to begin an assistantship. Students are free to apply for assistantships in any department (academic or administrative), not only in the department to which they are admitted. Students wishing to apply for graduate assistantships must correspond directly with the department offering the assistantship. Information about EPFA Department graduate assistantships can be found at https://www.pdx.edu/elp/graduate-assistants. Both the PACE and LSE programs within ELP have listservs to which open positions are posted. See the "How do I join the PACE or LSE listserv?" FAQ for more information. The ELP Department works with the Office of Graduate Studies in offering Graduate Assistantships. More information is also available on their website.