Installing a Network Printer
PSU faculty and staff can install a shared office printer on their computer if one has not been automatically installed.
Before installing your printer, ensure that your computer is connected to the PSU network (via Wi-Fi or a network cable). You will also need to know the name of your printer queue before you can install it. Read the "Determining Your Print Queue" section below for more information.
Determining Your Print Queue
The quickest way to determine the name of your print queue will often be to simply ask a coworker which print queue (e.g. "clas-ling-eh-225a-copier") the coworker uses to print to your desired printer. You can find this within the list of printers on your coworker's computer. If you are unable to find your print queue this way, you can also search for it in Windows 7 using the following instructions:
- Select the Start button.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Select "Add a printer".
- Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer".
- Select "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Select "Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature" and select Next.
- In the Find Printers window, there are several ways to locate your print queue:
- Type your building and room number in the "location" field (ex: type "SMSU 209" to show the print queues in that room), or
- Type a department acronym in the "Name" field (ex: type "OAA" to show the list of printers beginning with OAA in the search results), or
- Scroll down to locate your printer on the list. Many print queues follow the naming convention "College-Department-Building-Room".
Installing a Network Printer
- Press Windows logo key () + R.
- Type "\\oitps1.psu.ds.pdx.edu\" and press Enter.
- If a dialog window appears that says "Enter Network Password", enter "psu\YourOdinUsername" and your Odin password.
- Search for the printer you want to add, then double-click it.
- If a dialog window appears that says "Do you trust this printer?", select "Install Driver".
- Select the Apple icon in the top, left corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Select the + symbol at the bottom of the printer list.
Note: This requires administrative access to your computer. If you do not have administrative access, you will not be able to add a network printer without contacting the Helpdesk for help.
- Search for the print queue's name in the search field. The queue will have OITPS1 at the front of its name.
- Select the print queue you would like to add from the list.
- In the Use field, select Choose a Driver.
- Select Software from the dropdown list.
- Search for the printer or copier's model in the Printer Software menu that appears.
- Select the correct driver for your printer and then select Add to add the queue to your computer.
If the printer does not work after being installed, try restarting your computer. If that fails and other people are also unable to print to the printer, try restarting the printer. If it still does not work, check that you have the correct print queue.
If you need to create or change your print queue, submit a Print Queue Request Form.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.