Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award
The Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award, the gift of the Estate of Robert and Rosemary Low, was established to give special recognition to academically qualified graduate students with physical handicaps. The recipient is determined by a committee on the basis of scholarship, academic potential, and financial need. The amount of the award varies according to the amount available. As of October 2016, we anticipate that there will be one award of $1,500 (distributed equally in Fall 2017, Winter 2018, and Spring 2018) for the 2017-18 academic year.
You are eligible to apply for the Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award if you meet these requirements:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are admitted to (or have applied for admission to) a graduate degree program starting in Fall 2014 with university regular status (i.e., with no university conditions at admission).
- You will be enrolled in and successfully complete 6 or more graduate credits that will count towards your degree each term of the award.
- You have a physical handicap.
- You have financial need.
- You must file the 2017-18 FAFSA.
This is a one-year award with a two-year maximum. If funds are sufficient for award in the 2017-18 academic year, this year's recipient is eligible to apply for a maximum of a second year of award by taking part in the regular application process and being considered along with all other applicants.
For students receiving financial aid, this award will impact the financial aid package.
On-line Application Process
On-line application for OGS (Office of Graduate Studies) scholarships and awards is now available.
You will access the on-line application for OGS scholarships and awards at the Scholarship Manager website. If you have never created an account, you will need to first create an account by clicking on "First Time User." Once your account is created, you will click on "Returning User" to access the application form.
To apply for OGS scholarships and awards, you must complete the PSU Graduate Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Manager website by the deadlines stated below.