How to Apply
Admission Criteria - Master's and PhD
Applicants to any Mechanical and Materials Engineering graduate program must meet the university admission requirements. The department does not have any additional requirements that applicants need to meet.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must:
- Meet minimum admission requirements
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements
- Provide a statement of purpose
- Provide a resume or curriculum vitae
- Provide official transcripts or international documents and certified translation
- Provide three letters of recommendation
- PhD applicants must provide current GRE scores unless they have graduated with a master's degree from PSU. There is not a minimum GRE score for PhD applicants. GRE scores are not required for students applying to the MSME or MSMSE program.
- PhD applicants must have a master's of science degree.
*Please see application deadlines before applying.