Current Students with F-1 or J-1 Visa

This is the place to find information about your F-1 or J-1 visa status, including enrollment, on-campus and off-campus employment, international travel, and more! Check the headings below, and the left-side menu, to find information about common topics. If you have more questions about any of this information, please contact us!


  • Work on Campus / Apply for Social Security Number
  • F-1 Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
  • F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT)
  • J-1 Academic Training 
  • Taxes

Enrollment Requirements

Includes information about minimum credits, co-enrollment, reduced course load, vacation term, and other important information about your immigration documents.


What to know before you go! Includes important travel updates and documents to carry. NEW: Updates on the Travel Ban.