Search Google Appliance

Reporting Income for Tax Purposes

At the end of each calendar/tax year, the University is required to issue a Form W-2 or 1042-S outlining wages you received at any time during the prior calendar year. A 1042-S is issued to anyone who claimed treaty benefits in the tax year. Individuals who performed services for the University as Independent Contractors receive a Form 1099 in late January from University Financial Services.

W-2 Wage and Tax Statements are available for you to view, and/or print an official copy, from Banweb. Simply log in to Banweb and follow the links through Employee, Tax Forms, W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. Select the Tax Year and click “Display.” You will need to supply security information, then you should see your “W2 Year End Earnings Statement.” For more frequently asked W-2 questions, please see our W-2 FAQ's here.

Employees are then required to submit a tax return by April 15th of each year for the prior year for both Federal and State governments even if no taxes are owed. The following links should assist you in this process.

Federal Income Tax

Tax Information for US Citizens, Resident Alien and Substantially Present Individuals

Tax Information for Non-Resident Alien

State Income Tax

Affordable Care Act Form 1095-C

Obtaining Assistance in Tax Return Preparation

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to individuals who are below certain income thresholds. Local services can be reached by calling 503.228.7465. In-person tax help may be available by calling 503.326.5441. Visit the IRS Free Tax Preparation page for more information.