APRIL 28, 2020 - STEPS TO COLLECT BELONGINGS LEFT IN ROOM
We are reaching out because you have belongings in your old unit and we want to present you with options for retrieving them. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this process.
Option #1 Return to campus to retrieve items:
In order to follow the Governor’s Stay Home Order, we are going to limit the number of students in our spaces at a time. We have created 24 hour time slots for students to: sign up to get their keys, retrieve their belongings, and return their keys using the drop boxes.
- You must fill out this form to receive a time slot.
- Housing will confirm your time slot and email it to you with a list of instructions to follow.
- You will show up during your time slot, remove your belongings from the unit, and return your keys to the Montgomery or Broadway dropbox.
- There will be only 2 time slots per day per building in order to safely limit the number of people moving around in a building.
- If you are not able to maintain proper physical distancing of at least 6 feet, we ask that you use proper Personal Protective Equipment such as a mask and gloves.
- Consult the CDC’s How to Protect Yourself.
- If you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath), you must stay home and not come to campus until free of symptoms for at least 72 hours without the use of medicine, and 7 days have passed since your symptoms have appeared, as recommended by the CDC’s What To Do if You Are Sick.
- If you are sick, you should notify UHRL and choose an alternate option for collecting your personal belongings.
Option #2 Students who are unable to return to campus to retrieve their belongings:
UHRL has identified a third party contractor who complies with PSU contract requirements that we will happily connect you with to manage the packing, removal, and shipping or storing of the items left behind in your room. Students who contract with this company will pay for this service and assume any liability associated with this process.
- We have coordinated with Dorm Room Movers. Their background checked movers will pack your items for storage or shipping without you needing to be there.
- On your day of moving, they will send you a private link to live video chat with your movers while they pack your belongings.You'll also receive a link to the recording of their time in your room once completed.
- UHRL will work with Dorm Room Movers to enable them to enter your unit to perform their packing needs.
- As Dorm Room Movers is not offering this service everywhere, you will not see packing program-specific details until you make a free account. Create an account and get started. Once you’re ready to secure your service, just register for $39.99. Pricing for packing, storage, and shipping is per item, so please make sure you fully understand the costs described on their website.
All items must be out of the units by Thursday, June 11th at noon. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. You must let us know your plan if you fail to remove your belongings from your unit, you will be charged for the cost of throwing your items away as outlined in the housing handbook.
If you have a Summer Contract with us, you do not need to remove your belongings at this time. You will be able to move back into your unit on Saturday, June 20th. Most residents will remain in the same unit for summer as they were during spring term.
Students who resided in Montgomery floor 2, Ondine floors 3-6, Epler floor 6, Blackstone floor 1, Parkway all floors, or students whose former roommate will remain in the unit through summer will receive a new summer assignment and will transfer to their new unit on Friday, June 12th.