COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE
SHAC currently has the Moderna vaccine available for students only. There is no cost to receive the vaccine. Please call the SHAC main line at 503.725.2800 if you have any questions.
- Students taking 1-4 credits: Please call 503.725.2800 to schedule your vaccine.
- Students taking 5+ credits: Schedule your appointment through the Patient Portal.
If you are not a student and fall into one of the eligible categories set by the state or want to receive eligibility updates, you can sign up by going to the Oregon COVID Vaccine website and follow the instructions.
Type of Testing
SHAC is currently offering three types of testing, available by appointment - after appropriate screening.
- SHAC Rapid Antigen Test: This test is offered at no cost to you and is for those who have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat (for a complete list please visit the CDC information page). The rapid test results are available in the patient portal within 24 hours but typically are ready as quickly as 20 minutes (depending on volume). A negative test is wrong about a third of the time. A nurse will discuss if this test is appropriate for your individual circumstances.
- Quest PCR Swab (indicates you have the current infection) - This test will be billed to your insurance, please check with your insurance company to be sure it is covered especially if you are asymptomatic and have not had a known exposure. This test is appropriate for those who have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat (for a complete list please visit the CDC information page) and/or had known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Asymptomatic testing can also be done in vulnerable groups/individuals. Note: As with any medical test, there is the potential for false positive or false negative test results.
- Quest Antibody IgG Blood Test (antibody test to indicate past infection)- This test can be done on a case by case basis. This test will be billed to your insurance, please check with your insurance company to be sure it is covered. Note: A positive test does not mean you are protected from the virus in the future or that you are no longer infectious.
The above tests are new, which means the results are not fully understood. As research continues, we may be able to better tell which testing methods will provide the best testing strategy for your individual situation.
COVID Tests for Travel
If you are asymptomatic, have NOT had an exposure to COVID-19, and want a COVID test for travel please be aware of the following:
- PCR testing results are taking at least a week to get back at this time (it could become longer because of the increase in testing)
- Many clinics are running out of supplies so Rapid PCR testing for travel is not a priority
- The Rapid Antigen test cannot be used for travel
- COVID-19 Testing for Travel - External Resource
- COVID-19 Travel Clearance Testing in Portland, OR
- Local Travel Testing - American Family Care Urgent Care
- Portland Metro Travel Testing
How to schedule
Please call our main line at (503) 725-2800 during office hours. SHAC is currently open Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 10am - 5pm. Closed daily from 12-1pm.
Prior to your Appointment
Before arriving for your appointment, log into the Patient Portal and complete the COVID-19 consent form and upload a copy of your insurance card. You must also present a photo ID at your appointment.
After you get Tested
Here is some information about what to know after you get tested for COVID-19.
- Current Infection Testing (Swab) SHAC RAPID - No Cost.
- Current Infection Testing (Swab) - Your insurance will be billed for this test. If for some reason you receive a bill, please contact SHAC at 503-725-2800.
- Past Infection Testing (Blood Test) - Your insurance will be billed for this charge. Most insurances should cover this. Students with Kaiser and OHP would need to see one of their plan’s providers to be sure it would be covered. If you do not provide insurance information or the charge is not covered by your insurance carrier, you may be billed by Quest Diagnostics for this test.
Reporting to Health Authority is mandatory
Positive test results are disclosed to the county, state, or to any other governmental entity as required by law. Personal Health Information (PHI) will not be released without written consent except in the instances required by law.
Getting my results
Test results, depending on the demand on Quest Laboratory, are generally received within 2-14 business days. Please note that the time to receive your results can vary. You will receive test results through the patient portal and/or by phone.
The SHAC rapid test results are available in the patient portal within 24 hours but typically are ready as quickly as 20 minutes (depending on volume).
Additional COVID Testing Info & Reporting
- Access additional information on the Oregon COVID-19 Testing Site.
- For the safety of our PSU community, we ask that students, faculty, and staff report a positive COVID-19 test by using the COVID-19 Reporting Form.