Available at SHAC
Type of Testing
SHAC is currently offering three types of testing, available by appointment - after appropriate screening.
- SHAC Rapid Antigen Test: This test is offered at no cost to you and is for those who have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat (for a complete list please visit the CDC information page). The rapid test results are available in the patient portal within 24 hours but typically are ready as quickly as 20 minutes (depending on volume). A negative test is wrong about a third of the time. A nurse will discuss if this test is appropriate for your individual circumstances.
- Quest PCR Swab (indicates you have the current infection) - This test is appropriate for those who have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat (for a complete list please visit the CDC information page) and/or had known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Asymptomatic testing can also be done in vulnerable groups/individuals. Note: As with any medical test, there is the potential for false positive or false negative test results.
- Quest Antibody IgG Blood Test (antibody test to indicate past infection)- This test can be done on a case by case basis. Note: A positive test does not mean you are protected from the virus in the future or that you are no longer infectious.
The above tests are new, which means the results are not fully understood. As research continues, we may be able to better tell which testing methods will provide the best testing strategy for your individual situation.
How to schedule
Please call our main line at (503) 725-2800 during office hours. SHAC is currently open Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 10am - 5pm.
Prior to your Appointment
Before arriving for your appointment, log into the Patient Portal and complete the COVID-19 consent form and upload a copy of your insurance card. You must also present a photo ID at your appointment.
After you get Tested
Here is some information about what to know after you get tested for COVID-19.
- Current Infection Testing (Swab) SHAC RAPID - No Cost.
- Current Infection Testing (Swab) - Your insurance will be billed for this test. If for some reason you receive a bill, please contact SHAC at 503-725-2800.
- Past Infection Testing (Blood Test) - Your insurance will be billed for this charge. Most insurances should cover this. Students with Kaiser and OHP would need to see one of their plan’s providers to be sure it would be covered. If you do not provide insurance information or the charge is not covered by your insurance carrier, you may be billed by Quest Diagnostics for this test.
Reporting to Health Authority is mandatory
Positive test results are disclosed to the county, state, or to any other governmental entity as required by law. Personal Health Information (PHI) will not be released without written consent except in the instances required by law.
Getting my results
Test results, depending on the demand on Quest Laboratory, are generally received within 2-14 business days. Please note that the time to receive your results can vary. You will receive test results through the patient portal and/or by phone.
The SHAC rapid test results are available in the patient portal within 24 hours but typically are ready as quickly as 20 minutes (depending on volume).
Additional COVID Testing Info & Reporting
Getting to SHAC
When you schedule your appointment, you will be instructed on how to enter SHAC for your COVID-19
During this time we ask that you do not bring any friends/family to your visit due to our current social distancing order from the governor. Please wear a mask/cloth covering and be sure it covers your nose and mouth. Call if you have any questions or concerns.
Please remember to physical distance by staying 6 ft away from other people and call 503-725-2800 with any questions or concerns.