COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
Portland State University's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy requires all students who learn, work, and engage at PSU locations to submit either (1) an attestation confirming the student is fully vaccinated; (2) an attestation confirming they will not be taking in person classes, living in on-campus housing and not be using in person services; or (3) submit an applicable exemption as described below.
This requirement applies to all students enrolled in or registered for in-person instruction for any portion of their course load. It also applies to students who are registered for fully online courses and participate in any on-site or in-person university activity or university-provided or sponsored service.
Adobe Reader: You will need Acrobat Reader to view some of the forms below. Click here if you need to download Acrobat Reader.
Smart phones: If you are completing the form and using a smart phone device, please follow the Smart Phone Instructions.
Form Submission: All forms being submitted must be - attached directly to an email (email@example.com) , faxed on white paper only (503.725.5812), sent by mail (COVID-19 Vaccine, PO Box 751, Portland, OR 97201) or dropped off during open hours.
Please see the step by step instructions provided below.
Steps to Complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
- Confirm you are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 Vaccine series authorized by the FDA or WHO and upload vaccine documentation to the Patient Portal; or
- Confirm you will not be taking in person classes or using in person services; or
- Request a medical or non-medical exemption
Medical & Non-Medical Exemptions
- Complete the required steps for a Medical or Non-Medical* Exemption (see form for details).
- Overview: As of March 1, 2014, under the Oregon State Immunization Law, those claiming a non-medical exemption are required to either complete an online educational module or seek consultation with a health care provider.
- Educational Module: If you plan to fulfill the exemption through the online educational module, you will need to fully complete the module then sign the designated section of the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form.
- Read the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form for further details regarding medical and non-medical exemptions.
Submit your signed and completed exemption request form to SHAC in one of the following ways:
- Email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax your form (on white paper only) to 503.725.5812.
- Deliver your form to SHAC during business hours. SHAC is located in the University Center Building on the corner of SW 6th Avenue and SW Hall Street in Suite 200.
- Mail the COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement to PSU-SHAC, Attention: COVID-19 Vaccine, PO Box 751, Portland, OR 97201.
SHAC has staff dedicated to assisting students with their COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement. Contact them by emailing email@example.com.
Want to get vaccinated?
To schedule a vaccine with SHAC or to find provider in the community, please visit our COVID-19 Resources Page.
Other Recommended Vaccinations
The Oregon Health Authority recommends the following vaccinations for new or returning college students:
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Meningoccal B (Check with a health care provider to see if this vaccine is right for you.)
*Vaccines at SHAC