Funding & Assistantships

This list has been compiled with a specific focus on doctoral research in the areas of political science,
political philosophy, public administration, policy sciences, public management, international relations,
conflict and security, and public policy issues (environment, health, social, education, etc.).

The first point of contact for students should be Portland State University’s Office of Graduate Studies: In addition, the College of Urban and
Public Affairs administers several scholarships open to PAP students such as the Maurie Clark Endowed Fellowship.

The Social Sciences Research Council maintains a list of active fellowship opportunities for graduate

The American Political Science Association maintains a list of active fellowship and scholarship
opportunities for graduate students:

The U.S. Department of Education provides a portal for students seeking federal and other types of
financial aid:

The Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs maintains an extensive list of
funding sources for students:

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides fellowships for research and study abroad. Details are
available at:

Other useful sites include: