Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award
The Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award, the gift of the Estate of Robert and Rosemary Low, was established to give special recognition to academically qualified graduate students with physical disabilities. The recipient is determined by a committee on the basis of scholarship, academic potential, and financial need. The amount of the award varies according to the amount available. As of October 2020, we anticipate that there will be one award of $1,500 (distributed equally in Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022) for the 2021-22 academic year.
You are eligible to apply for the Robert and Rosemary Low Memorial Award if you meet these requirements:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are admitted to (or have applied for admission to) a graduate degree program starting in Fall 2021 with university regular status (i.e., with no university conditions at admission).
- You will be enrolled in and successfully complete 6 or more graduate credits that will count towards your degree each term of the award.
- You have a physical disability.
- You have financial need.
- You must file the 2021-22 FAFSA.
This is a one-year award with a two-year maximum. If funds are sufficient for award in the 2021-22 academic year, this year's recipient is eligible to apply for a maximum of a second year of award by taking part in the regular application process and being considered along with all other applicants.
For students receiving financial aid, this award will impact the financial aid package.
Online Application Process
Online application for GS (the Graduate School) scholarships and awards is now available.
You will access the online application for GS scholarships and awards at the Scholarship Manager website. If you have never created an account, you will need to first create an account by clicking on "First Time User." Once your account is created, you will click on "Returning User" to access the application form.
To apply for GS scholarships and awards, you must complete the PSU Graduate Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Manager website by the deadlines stated below.
Transcripts are NOT required as part of your scholarship application
Please DO NOT send transcripts to GS
- The deadline for the on-line PSU Graduate Scholarship Application is February 1.
- The deadline for the on-line letters of recommendation is February 1.
- The deadline for submitting the FAFSA is February 1.
- The deadline for the Medical Provider Statement is February 1. (See online application for instructions on submitting this statement.)