Elsa Jorgenson Award
The Elsa Jorgenson Award, the gift of the Estate of Elsa Jorgenson, was established to give special recognition to full time graduate students majoring in English, world language, and science. The recipient is determined by a committee on the basis of scholarship, academic potential, and financial need. The amount of the award varies according to the amount available. As of October 2020, we anticipate that there will be one award of $1,500 (distributed equally in Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022) for the 2021-22 academic year to supplement tuition remission from other sources.
You are eligible to apply for the Elsa Jorgenson Award if you meet these requirements:
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are admitted to (or have applied for admission to) a PSU graduate degree program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, English, World Languages and Literatures, Geology, or Physics starting in Fall 2021 with university regular status (i.e., with no university conditions at admission).
- You will be enrolled in and successfully complete 9 or more graduate credits that will count towards your degree each term of the award.
- You have financial need.
- You must file the 2021-22 FAFSA.
- You have received (or have applied for) a tuition remission for the 2021-22 academic year (a graduate assistantship, a Laurels Graduate Award, or other tuition scholarship), which must be confirmed in writing before this award will be given.
For students receiving financial aid, this award will impact the financial aid package.
Online Application Process
Online application for GS (the Graduate School) scholarships and awards is now available.
You will access the on-line application for GS scholarships and awards at the Scholarship Manager website. If you have never created an account, you will need to first create an account by clicking on "First Time User." Once your account is created, you will click on "Returning User" to access the application form.
To apply for GS scholarships and awards, you must complete the PSU Graduate Scholarship Application on the Scholarship Manager website by the deadlines stated below.
Transcripts are NOT required as part of your scholarship application
Please DO NOT send transcripts to GS
- The deadline for the on-line PSU Graduate Scholarship Application is February 1.
- The deadline for the on-line letters of recommendation is February 1.
- The deadline for submitting the FAFSA is February 1.