Science and Education Center

Science and Education Center
Building Code 
SEC
Address 
2130-2136 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR 97201-4908
Block 
022
Year Built 
1959
Levels 
3

The Science and Education Center (SEC) is at the corner of SW 5th Avenue and Lincoln Street at the southern edge of the PSU campus. The building was constructed in 1959 for the Dan Davis Corporation.  It was designed by the architect, Harry Percy, with its parking addition coming a decade later in 1968 designed by Thomas Mackenzie. The building was acquired by PSU in 2002. SEC's small parking lot features 15 vehicle spaces.

Building Occupants
Institute for Natural Resources

Building Naming History
Science and Education Center (SEC), 2007-present
Fifth Avenue Business Center (FBC), 1958-2007

Additional Resources
All Gender Restrooms: Floor 1 - Rooms 111A, 115C & 115D (Single-occupancy)
Supply Studio: Art supply reuse room - 158A

Square Footage
Building Gross Square Footage: 
36,852
Building Net Assignable Square Footage: 29,933

Parking Gross Square Footage: 7,493
Parking Net Assignable Square Footage: 
6,570

Floorplan 
ADA Accessibility 
Miscellaneous