What does Portland State require prior to issuing a transfer I-20?

You must be admitted to Portland State and submit proof of financial resources for at least one year of study (tuition and living expenses). Please refer to the tuition, fees and estimated living expenses information for current amounts.

Next, let the international student adviser at your current school know that you plan to transfer to Portland State. The adviser will take steps to release your Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) records to Portland State.

Please note: These requirements apply only to students who are currently studying in the United States on F-1 or J-1 student visas.