What amount of financial support do I need to show adequate proof of financial resources when I apply for admission to Portland State?

Applicants for F-1 and J-1 student visas are required to submit proof of financial resources for at least their first year of study at Portland State. See Tuition, Fees, and Estimated Living Expenses for detailed information about the estimated cost of your first year of study.

Please note: Portland State requires that you show proof of adequate funding for your first year of study only. However, the visa officer at the United States Embassy or Consulate may require that you show proof of financial support for more than one year, and possibly for your entire degree program. If you must apply for or renew your F-1 or J-1 student visa before enrolling at Portland State, please check with the Embassy or Consulate in your country for exact visa application requirements.