Search Google Appliance


In my country students receive only one original transcript or degree certificate. Aren't these original documents considered "official?"

No, "original" and "official" documents are distinct from one another. To be considered official, the transcript or degree certificate must be delivered to Portland State (via the mail or in-person) in its original, unopened envelope, sealed by the institution that issued the document.

In situations where the institution issues only one original transcript or degree certificate, you may request an attested copy from the institution and submit that to Portland State in place of the original. See the Policy on Official Documents for further information.