I am applying to a graduate program at Portland State. How can I get a graduate assistantship?

Graduate assistantships are awarded by academic departments; please check with the graduate coordinator in your prospective department regarding your eligibility for a teaching or research assistantship.

When you are awarded a graduate assistantship, the department will notify the Office of Admissions so that staff can determine whether you need to submit additional proof of financial resources before an I-20 immigration document can be issued.