Facilities and Property Management provides custodial and janitorial services to the University through contracts with specialized custodial and janitorial service providers.
Custodial services include:
- Unlocking of specified buildings and non-hi-tech general pool/shared classrooms in the morning during the standard work week
- Vacuuming of carpets
- Sweeping and damp-mopping of tiled and other hard surfaced floors
- Removal of trash
- Cleaning of classroom blackboards/erasers and resupply with chalk
- Throughout the day disinfection and product resupply in restrooms
- Spotting/shampooing/extraction of carpets and upholstery
- Stripping/refinishing or re-waxing of tiled floors
- Emergency cleanup due to spills and floods
Special services may be requested or oversights reported online at the Work Order Center or by calling the Work Order Center at 503-725-2FIX.
After hours custodial emergencies: Campus Public Safety Office 503-725-4404.
Custodial & Janitorial Service Providers: PHC will provides custodial services for PSU campus buildings beginning August 2013.
Exclusions (due to property management services or related):
- Academic and Student Recreation Center
- Corbett Building
- Fourth Avenue Building
- Unitus Building
- Market Center Building
Diversified Abilities provides janitorial services for:
- University Center Building
- Native American Student and Community Center
- Simon Benson House
- Extended Studies Building
- The Helen Gordon Child Development Center