This annual event is designed to promote interest in the engineering and computer science disciplines by encouraging students to design and build actual projects and by introducing them to facilities, faculty, and PSU students.J The competitions provide opportunities for elementary, junior high and senior high school students to participate. To register, please fill out the registration form and return by February 13, 2004.
Our contests are sponsored by the engineering and computer science student organizations at PSU.JOur students have prepared competition rules for each contest and the links to them are listed below.
- Airplane Design Competition sponsored by the Society of Automotive Engineers (rules)
- Catapult Competition sponsored by the Oregon Beta Chapter of Tau Beta Pi (rules)
- Edible Car Competition sponsored by the PSU's Eta Kappa Nu Chapter (rules)
- Egg Drop CompetitionJ sponsored by the Society of Women Engineers (rules)
- Motor Design Competition sponsored by the IEEE (rules)
- Mouse Trap-Powered Car CompetitionJ sponsored by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, PSU Chapter (rules)
- Truss Design Competition sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers (rules)
Portland State University, Please see Schedule of Events for the location of a competition.