PSU Pathway Program
Portland State University Pathway Program
Portland State University's Pathway Program for undergraduate students combines academic English courses, university classes, and many support services to prepare students for a smooth transition to university life and academic success as they pursue their degree at Portland State.
FEATURES OF THE PATHWAY PROGRAM
- 6 month or 9 month program available
- One application process for PSU and the Pathway Program
- 4 Start times per year
- Completion satisfies the program to meet PSU's undergraduate English requirement
- Available for any undergraduate major
- Students take PSU classes concurrently with IELP classes
- Students earn university credit while in the program
- Students have access to PSU's International Achievement Scholarship
|Test Name||6 Month Pathway||9 Month Pathway||Pre-Pathway|
5.5 in reading & writing
5.0 reading & writing
12 reading & writing
PSU Pathway Program Eligibility Requirements
- Apply to and be admitted as an undergraduate or post-bac at Portland State University
- During the application process, all students who do no meet PSU's Direct to Degree English language requirement>> are automatically placed into one of three pathway programs.
- Students placed into the Pre-Pathway program are transitioned automatically into the Pathway Program after they successfully complete the Pre-Pathway courses>>. Time/length depends on entry level.
PSU Pathway Student,Computer Science
"The first reason [ I choose to study in Portland] was to improve my English. The second reason was so I could experience American teaching styles".