Dates, Deadlines, and Instructions for Applying
Dates and Deadlines for all programs (except Short Term Programs)
|Fall 2020||Winter 2021||Spring 2021||Summer 2021|
|IELP application deadline (international applicants)||August 31||December 4||March 5||May 14|
|IELP application deadline (transfer students)||September 18||December 30||March 19||June 11|
|Placement test||September 18, 21, & 22||Offered Remotely||March 19 & 22||June 11 & 14|
|New student orientation week||September 23-25||DATE CHANGE:
December 28 - 30
|March 24 - 25||June 16 -18|
|IELP classes begin||September 28||DATE CHANGE:
|March 29||June 21|
|Last day to drop classes with 100% refund||October 2||January 8||April 2||June 28|
|Last day of the term||December 9||March 17||June 9||August 12|
We recommend that you apply two-three months before the start of the term you wish to enter, to allow enough time for the entire application and student visa process. If you are updating your admission to a later term, please submit your request by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to the IELP is easy! No TOEFL or IELTS score is required
Admission Requirements for All IELP Programs:
- Students must be 17 years of age or older
- Completion of high school/secondary school or its equivalent
- Prior academic experience with the English language
The IELP accepts students who fulfill the requirements for academic admission. Once accepted to the IELP program, in order to receive a Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 Student Visa, students must be able to demonstrate sufficient financial support to pay for their studies and living expenses in Portland*.
*Not required for Short Term Programs
Instructions to Apply
Submit your application and pay the $153.75 application fee
- Download the PDF application
- Complete the application
- Gather supporting documents (see next section, supporting documents, for more information)
- Pay the $153.75 application fee using Visa or Mastercard through cashnet
- email completed application and supporting documents to: email@example.com
Please upload the following documents with your application:
- Proof of secondary school completion in its original language and in English. This can be an official copy of your graduation diploma/certificate or official academic transcript, from either high school of university.
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- Provide evidence of financial resources (F-1 processing only)
This is required for applicants who plan to reside in the U.S. with an F-1 visa. Please include an official bank statement or bank letter demonstrating sufficient financial support for your studies and stay in the USA.
- Download the Sponsor Certification Form (PDF)* and have the person who is supporting you complete it.
- If transferring from another university within the United States, please download the Transfer Clearance Form and have your immigration adviser at your current school complete it.
*Only for sponsors outside the USA. If someone living in the USA is sponsoring you or providing financial support, a form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) will be required for your visa interview. The original form I-134 needs to be presented at the visa interview. Include a COPY of this form with your application.
Once we receive your completed application we will review it for admission within 2-3 business days
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
Part-time study (non-degree seeking) Academic English Preparation Program
U.S. residents and international applicants who do not require an F-1 student visa AND who are eligible to enroll PART-TIME, non-credit (max. 8 class hours/week) can apply as a non-degree seeking student.
To apply for part-time study in the IELP, complete the steps below:
- Submit the Non-degree Student Entry form to PSU
- After you get your PSU ID number, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your PSU ID number and term you want to begin classes