PACE Graduate Certificate - Admissions
Applications are now open! We’ve simplified our process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. Select the name of your program in your CollegeNet application:
- "Educational Leadership and Policy: Training and Development, Certificate"
- "Educational Leadership and Polcy: Student Affairs in Higher Education, Certificate"
- "Educational Leadership and Policy: Teaching Adult Learners, Certificate"
- "Educational Leadership and Policy: Service Learning and Community Based Learning, Certificate"
If you are currently officially admitted to one of the ELP Master’s programs (PACE, LSE, Master’s plus IAL, or CAL) and currently registered for classes, complete one GO-19, which can be found on the Graduate Studies forms webpage, for each certificate you wish to earn, and return them to the ELP Department office in FAB 240.
If you are not currently admitted to any ELP Master’s or Doctoral degree program*, complete the following steps.
Before applying to our program you must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the highest degree earned.
Apply for graduate admission to Portland State University
- All applicants, regardless of which ELP program they are applying for, must fill out the application and pay the corresponding $65 fee.
- Be sure to indicate the term you intend to take a course as your admission term. You must take a course the term you are admitted to the program or your admission will be automatically cancelled by the university Office of Admissions.
- If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted students will be assessed:
- A one-time matriculation fee of $325 if this is your first admission to a graduate program at PSU.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring all application materials are received by the department by the deadlines noted below! Faculty will review applications only after all application materials have been received. A timely admission decision cannot be guaranteed for incomplete applications. However, since the program reviews applications continuously, students should apply as soon as possible even if they missed the original deadline.
|Quarter||Priority Application Deadline|
After the application review is complete, departmental decisions will be emailed to the student and are subject to final approval by the university Office of Admissions. Only after you are officially admitted you will be able to register for courses. The whole admission process may take a minimum of up to 4 weeks to complete. Please plan accordingly.
PACE graduate certificate application check sheet
Instructions concerning these documents and links to the forms are included in the online departmental application process. This check sheet is for your reference only.
A complete application includes:
- $65 fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended are required as part of the official application. Transcripts should be sent to the Portland State University Graduate School of Education PO Box 751 Portland, OR 97207-0751. Electronic official transcripts should be emailed to email@example.com.
- To complete your application to the Graduate School of Education (GSE), you are required to submit official transcripts from every institution of higher education that you have ever attended. This is true regardless of whether or not you earned a credential from that institution, or if those credits were transferred to another school. Please review the transcript requirements.
- Transcripts are due by the application submission deadline. Applications without official transcripts submitted will be considered incomplete and may be disqualified from the review process or may not be reviewed in time for you to be admitted for your desired term.
- Former PSU students do not need to submit transcripts that are already on file. Please use the PSU Graduate School of Education Transcript Request Form to notify the admissions team to pull your previous records.
- Current Resume
- Personal Goal Statement
Retention of student documents
All application documents submitted to PSU become the property of the University and may not be copied or returned to a student. Transcripts from other institutions cannot be copied (PSU Bulletin, 2009-2010, p. 41). If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-725-4633.
**It is a University requirement that students register and pay for at least one credit in the term they are admitted. Failure to do so will result in automatic cancellation of your admission. If you need to change the term for which you intend to begin classes after you have submitted your application, please contact the ELP Department at 503-725-4633 to discuss your options.
PSU supports equal opportunity in admissions, education, and use of facilities by prohibiting discrimination in those areas based on age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion and sexual orientation. This policy implements state and federal law (including Title IX), and inquiries about it should be directed to the Affirmative Action Office, 122 Cramer Hall. A major goal of this department is to provide a diverse pool of qualified applicants for educational leadership and administrative positions in Oregon. African, Asian, Native Americans, Hispanics, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.