Search Google Appliance

Career Paths

I want to earn a doctorate:

 Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership

Specializations include: administration; educational leadership; post secondary, adult, and continuing education; curriculum and instruction; and special and counselor education.

I want to earn a master's degree:


Master of Education (GTEP Program only)

I want to be an elementary, middle school or high school classroom teacher:

General Teaching Licenses

The Graduate Teacher Education Program (GTEP) prepares classroom teachers for Early Childhood (Pre-Grade 4), Elementary (Grades 3-8) Middle School (Grades 5-10) and/or High School (Grades 7-12) authorizations. Successful completion of this program culminates in a recommendation to Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for the Initial Teaching License, and the option of completing a Master's of Education degree.

I want to be a special education teacher

Special Educator Teaching Licenses

The Special Education Department offers comprehensive programs for the professional preparation of students in special education. A master's degree in special education may be completed in conjunction with state licensure in special education or completed independently.

I want to be a school counselor; community counselor; couples, marriage and family counselor; rehabilitation counselor:

Counselor Education

The primary purpose of the Counselor Education Program is to educate competent counselors for public and private schools, community agencies and rehabilitation facilities. Students may pursue one of four areas of specialization: community counseling; couples, marriage and family counseling; rehabilitation counseling; and school counseling.

I want to be a principal or school administrator, adult educator, continuing educator:

Administrative Licenses

The Educational Leadership and Policy Department offers two authorizing programs that lead to institutional recommendation for two levels of administrative licensure: the Initial Administrator and the Continuing Administrator/Initial Superintendent. In addition, the department offers MA/MS degrees in Educational Leadership and Postsecondary, Adult and Continuing Education (PACE) and an interdisciplinary degree program called Leadership in Ecology, Culture and Learning (LECL).

I want to work with children in an early childhood setting:

I want to be a school librarian or media specialist:

I want to teach reading or add a reading endorsement to my teaching license:

I want to work with visually impaired learners:

I want to teach English as a Second Language or in bilingual classrooms:

I am bilingual/bicultural and want to become a classroom teacher or teach English as a Second Language (ESL):

I have my teaching degree/license from another country and would like to become a teacher in Oregon:

Information Sessions