Fourth Avenue Building 20-11
(503) 725 2822
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
B.S. General Honors Physics, Seattle Pacific University
- RFIC Design
Dr. Campbell is an internationally recognized designer of Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits, Radio Frequency Electronics, Instrument and Measurement and Remote Sensing Systems. Dr. Campbell is a specialist in innovative products that open new markets with an extensive portfolio from concept to released product. He was the principal designer of the first commercially successful cell phone GaAs ASICs for TriQuint Semiconductor. Dr. Campbell was also the principal designer of wafer probes for emerging THz market at Cascade Microtech. He was also the key wireless telemetry intellectual property inventor for IR Telemetrics. He’s an award-winning lecturer and technical author. He has an extensive portfolio of spin-off products for Project-Based RF Engineering Education, with many reprinted in the pages of the ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications. Dr. Campbell’s the co-author of the seminal Project-Based RF Education book Experimental Methods in RF Design.
- IEEE Life Fellow
Awards and Recognition:
- 2013 ECE Graduate Instructor of the year, Portland State University
- Daquan Huang. LaRocca TR. Chang M-CF. Samoska L. Fung A. Campbell RL. Andrews M., Terahertz CMOS frequency generator using linear superposition technique, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol.43, no.12, Dec. 2008, pp. 2730-8
- Kooho Jung, Richard L. Campbell, Leonard A. Hayden, William R. Eisenstadt, Robert M. Fox, “Evaluation of Measurement Uncertainties Caused by Common- and Cross-modes in Differential Measurements using Baluns,” in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2008,vol. 56, no 6, pp. 1485-1492
- Kooho Jung, Richard L. Campbell, Peter Navratil, Michael F. Andrews, Carol McCuen, William Eisenstadt, Robert Fox, “Marchand Balun Embedded Probe,” in IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 2008, vol. 56 (1), no 5, pp. 1207-1214
- Experimental Methods in RF Desiqn, Wes Hayward, Rick Campbell and Bob Larkin, American Radio Relay League, ISBN #0-87259-879, February 2003, 512 pages.
- United States Patent no. 7,876,114 January 25 2011, Differential Waveguide Probe Inventors:Richard L Campbell, Michael Andrews