Program Educational Objectives
The electrical and computer engineering programs prepare our graduates for the following program educational objectives:
•Graduates are expected to be employed as electrical or computer engineers or in related fields that benefit from an electrical and computer engineering education.
•Graduates are expected to advance in their profession and engage in their professional community.
•Graduates are expected to continue to learn and adapt in a world of constantly changing environment and technology.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.