Fourth Avenue Building 160-08
Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
M.S. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
B.S. University of Zagreb, Croatia
- THz (nano)-material characterization
- Semiconductor device characterization from DC to THz
- Design and simulation (including SiGe BJTs, GaAs FETs, strained-SOI CMOS, low-bandgap FETs and avalanche photodetectors)
- Signal integrity
- Undergraduate and Graduate education
- ECE 101 Exploring Electrical Engineering
- ECE 102 Engineering Computation
- ECE 431/2 & 531/2 Microwave Circuit Design
- ECE 511/2 Solid-state Electronics I and II
- ECE 331/2 Applied Electromagnetics I and II
Professor Pejčinović is a co-director of IC Design and Test Lab, a unique facility for digital, mixed-mode and high-frequency test and characterization of ICs. His research interests are in the areas of semiconductor device characterization, design and simulation (including SiGe BJTs, GaAs FETs, strained-SOI CMOS, low-bandgap FETs and avalanche photodetectors) as well as signal integrity. Most recently he helped establish a THz measurement facility at PSU and is pursuing research in THz applications, including a development of novel sensors that integrate THz and nano-material technologies, e.g. ZnO nanowires. He is also conducting research in engineering education at both undergraduate and graduate levels. He was a Technical Program Committee co-chair for two conferences: International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS) 2002 and MELECON 2004, as well as a guest editor for special issues of Analog Integrated Circuits And Signal Processing journal and Telecommunication Systems Journal.
- Senior Member IEEE
- Member of American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
Awards and Recognition:
- Oregon Nanoscience and Microtechnologies Institute (ONAMI), "THz Detection and Sensing Using Nanostructures," 2009-2011, PI (co-PIs: L. Zurk, J. Jiao, R. Koenenkamp, R. Campbell)
- Nacionalna zaklada za znanost Republike Hrvatske, (National science foundation of the Republic of Croatia), "Measurement and Modeling of Signal Integrity in Mixed-mode Circuits," 2007, PI (co-PI: A. Baric)
- Tektronix Foundation, PSU, Tektronix, Sharp Microelectronics, Cascade Microtech, "High-Frequency Design and Measurement Lab" (part of "IC Design and Test Lab"). PI (co-PI: R. Daasch).
- R. Campbell and B. Pejčinović, "Project-Based RF/Microwave Education," European Microwave Conference, Paris, France, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/EuMC.2015.7346011
- B. Pejčinović, "Using Systematic Literature Reviews to Enhance Student Learning," 2015 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Seattle,WA, 2015. DOI: 10.18260/p.25021, https://peer.asee.org/25021
- P. Wong and B. Pejčinović, "Teaching MATLAB and C Programming in First Year Electrical Engineering Courses Using a Data Acquisition Device," 2015 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Seattle, WA, 2015.
- F. Kernan, A. Nadarajah, J.A. Higgins, B. Pejčinović, R. Koenenkamp, "Terahertz Characterization of Zinc Oxide Nanowires Using Parallel-Plate Waveguides," IEEE NANO 2011 conference, Portland, OR, August 2011. DOI: 10.1109/NANO.2011.614445.
- E. Sijercic and B. Pejčinović, "Investigation of scaling of InSb MOSFETs through drift-diffusion simulation," Solid-State Electronics, vol. 50, no. 9-10, pp. 1634-1639, Sep.-Oct. 2006.