Education Abroad for
Globalize Your Education
For English majors, studying abroad is an excellent way to get valuable experience, set your resume apart, and fulfill degree requirements. Review the resources here to first explore how an international experience could fit into your degree plan. Then, connect with your English Undergraduate Advisor and your Education Abroad advisor to ensure you're choosing the best program to fit your goals. Your Education Abroad advisor can also help you explore ways to use financial aid, scholarships, and grants to finance your travel!
You can Afford to Study Abroad!
Receiving FAFSA? All subsidized & unsubsidized Stafford Loans will automatically work on your study abroad program! Veteran? Use your Veterans Benefits to help cover the cost of your program fee! Pell Grant Recipient? Not only can you use your Pell Grant, but you are also eligible for the Gilman Scholarship, worth up to $5,000! Need Scholarships? The PSU Ed Abroad office offers scholarship workshops every term and has a multitude of resources online for students on a budget. Come meet with us so we can talk about awards ranging from $500 - $10,000.
Short-Term Study Abroad in Scotland, Summer 2021
Book Publishing in Scotland
Come and expand your book publishing knowledge to new international heights in the beautiful bookish city of Edinburgh! Earn 4 credits toward your English Major or Book Publishing Graduate Program over 2 weeks.
Short-Term Study Abroad in Austria, Summer 2021
Interdisciplinary Creative Writing in Vienna
Study creative writing on this richly interdisciplinary course exploring creative writing amid the art and history of this beautiful and sometimes overlooked capital on the Danube. Earn 4 credits toward your English degree over 2 weeks.
What Programs Work Well for English Majors?
The programs below not only offer a wide variety of English courses, but also may offer courses to fulfill general education requirements, minor, certificate, or English elective credit.
- IE3 Global Internships: Full-Time Internships Abroad
- 12 credits of upper-division credit per term
- Work full-time in an organization abroad
- USAC China: Chinese Language and Culture Studies in Chengdu
- PSU Exchange Japan: Sapporo, Hokkaido University
- PSU Exchange South Korea: Seoul, Hanyang University
- DIS Denmark: Study Abroad in Copenhagen
- CIEE England: London Global Institute
- USAC England: London Metropolitan University
- USAC England: London Metropolitan University - Summer
- IFSA England: Oxford University - Summer
- USAC England: University of Brighton
- USAC England: University of Reading
- IFSA England: University of Westminster
- IE3 Global Ireland: University College Cork - Summer
- USAC Ireland: University College Cork
- USAC Ireland: Irish Studies in Galway - Summer
- USAC Scotland: University of St Andrews
- USAC Scotland: University of Stirling
- USAC Costa Rica: Spanish Language, Ecological and Latin American Studies in Heredia
- USAC Chile: Spanish Language, Latin American, Anthropological, and International Studies in Santiago
- PSU Exchange Egypt: Cairo, American University in Cairo
- PSU Direct Enroll Israel: Haifa, University of Haifa
- USAC Australia: Griffith University in Gold Coast or Brisbane
- USAC New Zealand: Massey University in Palmerston North, Auckland, or Wellington
- IFSA New Zealand: University of Canterbury in Christchurch
Don't see a program that works for you? Click here for the complete list of programs.
Ready to take the Next Step?
Attend an Ed Abroad 101 session to learn more about studying abroad at PSU. These are 30 minute sessions offered when classes are in session. They cover the application process and direct you to next steps.