Search Google Appliance

Undergraduate Students


Students may declare engineering as their major at any time after enrolling at Portland State University. However, students must be admitted formally to the computer engineering or electrical engineering program before they will (1) be allowed to enroll in restricted upper-division courses offered by the program and (2) be graduated from that program.

Students transferring from other institutions who want to be formally admitted to the EE or Cmpe program must:

  • Meet all eligibility requirements.
  • Apply for admission to PSU.
  • Apply for program admission to the ECE department.
  • Have one copy of their transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions.

Accepted students will be informed via e-mail and must reply to inform the department whether or not they accept their enrollment.

ECE Upper Division Requirements

ECE Upper Division Application

The deadline for Fall is April 15

If you have questions about the ECE major please contact Nate Rose, the Undergraduate Coordinator, at