Search Google Appliance

Graduate Advising

Upon admission to a Master’s or Doctoral program, you will be assigned to a faculty member who will serve as your academic adviser.  Coursework taken without adviser approval may not be accepted as part of a student's program.

Students may change advisors as their study plans develop (form in ECE Office), and a faculty member may withdraw from serving as thesis / dissertation adviser to an M.S. or Ph.D. student. The faculty recognizes its responsibility to provide adequate advising to all students, and the departmental Graduate Coordinator will ensure that all graduate students have an academic adviser. To successfully complete an M.S. thesis or Ph.D. dissertation, it is essential that you work very closely with your adviser.