My PDX Resource List here: http://my.pdx.edu/students/resources-across-campus
Associated Students of PSU (your student government) including the ASPSU Pantry here: https://sites.google.com/a/pdx.edu/psufoodpantry/home
Advising and Career Services
- Advising & Career Services assists students whose major is undecided/undeclared or who are considering a change of major with the following:
- Major exploration
- Course planning
- Petition assistance (e.g., Reinstatement, Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Graduation requirements review
- Referrals to campus resources or academic departments
Advising & Career Services assists students and alumni from all majors, programs, and degree levels with the following:
- Career exploration/assessment
- Internship assistance
- Graduate/professional school options
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- Job search strategies
- Mock interviews
- We create an environment where quality recreation and wellness programs inspire, empower and educate individuals to be positive contributors to the Portland State and global community.
Disability Resource Center (DRC)
- Our mission is to make university life accessible to students with disabilities. We identify, evaluate, and reduce or eliminate barriers to student access throughout the PSU community, both for individual studentsand for the student population as a whole.
- We focus on building partnerships and infrastructure that incorporate the principles of universal design, sustainability, and social justice. We find creative solutions by proactively collaborating with students, faculty, and staff to develop an accessible and inclusive environment.
- PSU office of student financial aid is committed to assisting current and prospective students in obtaining funding for their college education.
- PSU has one scholarship awarding cycle each year. The online scholarship applications become available in mid-October, and they are due the following: February 1st for undergraduates and March 31st for graduates. Scholarships awarded in this process will be available to students the following academic year.
Housing and Residence Life
- We provide housing options for Portland State students while providing a unique living experience in Portland's urban environment through actively engaged residential communities that promote student success.
Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program
- The Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program at Portland State University (PSU) works with motivated and talented undergraduates who want to pursue PhDs. It introduces juniors and seniors who are first-generation and low-income, and/or members of under-represented groups to academic research and to effective strategies for getting into and graduating from PhD programs.
Queer Resource Center (QRC)
- The Queer Resource Center provides students along the sexuality and gender spectrum with the support they need to persist to graduation. The Queer Resource Center’s vision is to facilitate a campus environment such that Portland State University is the higher education destination of choice for students, staff, and faculty along the sexuality and gender spectrum.
Sexual Misconduct Prevention & Response Services
Portland State University has established this site in order to provide the campus community with a coordinated set of campus resources to educate, empower, and protect.
Please access the resources listed here as a first step in caring for yourself and the PSU community.
Services for Students with Children
- Raising children is a joyful and rewarding experience. It can also be a demanding and challenging job, especially when you’re juggling multiple roles. The Resource Center for Students with Children offers integrated services that support students’ goals to be effective parents while succeeding in their academic pursuits.
Student Activities and Leadership Programs (SALP)
- Student Activities and Leadership Programs (SALP) mission is to enrich and integrate students' leadership and academic experiences in order to educate students to be ethical, socially just, and civically engaged leaders on campus and in their larger communities. For student organizations on campus, see the SALP website!
Student Health and Counseling (SHAC)
- The Center for Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) provides mental health, medical and dental services. Students are able to work with physicians, dentists, pharmacists, therapists and other health care providers. Many services are free of charge or have minimal fees. For student health insurance questions, contact SHAC.
Student Legal Services
- Student Legal Services encourages students' full participation in their academic endeavors by helping navigate obstacles to fulfilling educational and career goals. Student Legal Services pursues its mission through legal advice, legal representation, mentorship, community partnerships, and education designed to empower students.
The Dean of Student Life Office
- The Office of the Dean of Student Life is a resource for all students, faculty, and staff as they navigate Portland State. Our office serves as a reference point for those seeking to resolve issues of concern or advance initiatives designed to enhance the student experience.
The Learning Center
- The Learning Center offers one-on-one tutoring, supplemental instruction, and workshops. Only current-term PSU students may use our services as we are funded by student fees.
The Writing Center
- The Writing Center aims to help writers at any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming to the final draft.
- The services offered by the Writing Center are free and open to the public: you may bring in any writing project academic or nonacademic, personal or professional. Visit their website to make an appointment or view the process for walk-in appointments.
Transportation and Parking
Women's Resource Center (WRC)
- The PSU Women's Resource Center advocates for the best educational and campus experience for all members of our community. We accomplish this by advancing social justice and by working towards a safe and healthy campus.
- The WRC Serves students of all genders.