SSS Eligibility & Applications
Students must meet at least one of the following requirements at the federal level to apply to the program.
- low-income student, family meets Federal Government Income Eligibility Guidelines
- first generation college student, signifies that parent or guardian did not graduate from a 4 year institution
- college student with documented disabilities via the Disability Resource Center
In addition, students must meet ALL of the following requirements at the university level.
- be undergraduate students who are admitted full time to the university, registered for 12 credits or more and no quick admit. Students can be co-enrolled at a community college with at least 8 credits registered at Portland State.
- be United States citizens or permanent residents
- registered for classes, exception would be Summer Bridge applicants
- earned less than 135 college credits
- demonstrate academic need-successful applicants have between a 2.5 to 3.5 college grade point average OR first term Freshman students have a 3.0 or higher high school grade point average
2016-2017 TRIO Student Support Services application:
SSS application 2016-2017 only.pdf File in PDF format
- You can mail your application to Portland State University, TRIO-Student Support Services, Smith Memorial Student Union building, suite 425, 1825 Southwest Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97201.
- You can also fax your application to 503-725-5462.
- For more information, visit our office in the Smith Memorial Student Union building, suite 425 or call 503-725-3815. Our office is open Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.