Welcome to Our Campus
Student diversity is an important part of what makes Portland State a vibrant and engaged academic community.
We're Here for You
The people you meet across campus, in classrooms, student housing, advising, student services, the downtown community and beyond, are dedicated to making your university experience welcoming and successful. We seek to serve students of diverse race, gender, ethnicity, culture, age, sexual orientation, religion, political viewpoint, military background, national origin, marital status, or disability.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you cannot find what you need.
President's Equal Access Scholarship Application
The purpose of the President's Equal Access Scholarship is to attract outstanding students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including racial and ethnic backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Portland State University's President's Equal Access Scholars maintain good standing, contribute to the campus learning environment, and share their unique strengths and diverse perspectives through their involvement in on-campus activities and participation in community service.
Portland State's students are diverse, community-minded, multicultural and creative. Our student groups are a reflection of that. Check out the latest list of student groups on campus. If you don't see a group you are interested in, contact Student Activities and Leadership Programs (SALP) to find out whether a group that meets your interests is newly forming or to find out how to start a group yourself.
Education Abroad: Diversity & Identity
In today’s global context, it is becoming increasingly crucial for all students to develop intercultural competency and awareness of global issues in order to find success after graduation. Participating in study abroad exposes students to new ways of viewing the world, lifelong friendships and memories, and a competitive edge in the job market through the development of cross-cultural communication skills and adaptability.
The Education Abroad Office at PSU is committed to diversifying the population of students that participate in education abroad programs. We are happy to provide support, guidance, and resources for every PSU student- from before you start your application to returning to Portland State. With over 200 programs throughout the world, it’s likely we have a program that fits your academic, personal, familial, or monetary circumstances. Studying abroad is for everyone! For more information visit Education Abroad.
Diversity Resources Across Campus
- Career Center - Serving Diverse Students
- Dean of Student Life Office
- Disability Resource Center
- Diversity & Multicultural Student Services
- Education Abroad
- International Student Services
- La Casa Latina
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA)
- Multicultural Student Center (MCC)
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Office of International Affairs
- Pacific Islander, Asian & Asian American Student Center
- Pan-African Commons
- Peer Tutoring & Learning Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Senior Adult Learning Center
- Sexual & Gender Equality Task Force (SAGE)
- Student Health & Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Student Parent Services
- TRiO (SSS/EOP)
- Undergraduate Advising & Support Center
- Veterans Services
- Women's Resource Center
- Writing Center
Diversity Across the Curriculum
- Black Studies
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center of Women's Leadership
- Chicano Latino Studies
- Indigenous Nations Studies
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- School of Social Work
- University Studies
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- World Languages & Literatures