Remote Learning Guide
We know that we are all going through a challenging time right now. We hope you and your families and loved ones are well and that you're finding ways to stay grounded in this “new normal” we’re experiencing.
While we are working and studying remotely, this COVID-19 DRC Remote Learning Guide provides the most updated information and resources to help you succeed! The information and links in this guide contains resources to help students who are new to remote and online learning as well as provide valuable information about how the DRC is working to meet the needs of our students.
Resources and Information
- Find information about how your accommodations work.
- Adaptive Technology
- Learn about adaptive technology that everyone can use.
- DRC Workshops
- We are offering the Adaptive Technology for Reading and Writing and Note Taking Skills workshops online at this time.
- Navigating Remote Learning
- Tips and advice from the DRC for remote learning.
- Off-Campus Resources
- Explore some of these great community resources.
- On-Campus Resources
- Check out these great resources from our campus partners.
- Accessing Digital Materials
- Learn more about accessing your course materials in a digital format through PSU, libraries, and other resources.
- Student Guide to Learning Remotely
- Compiled by the PSU Office of Academic Innovation compiled. You’ll find information on how to get computer and wifi access along with how to connect to specific software and web tools for your classes!
- Academic Coaching
- Schedule a Zoom appointment by calling 503-725-4448 or fill out the Academic Coaching Interest Form.
- All tutoring services will be offered by 30-minute Zoom appointments booked using the Penji app.
- Dean of Student Life Resources
- The Dean of Student Life Office Hub now has a coordinator who will be assisting students with accessing all sorts of resources, financial, childcare, food pantry, etc. Emails can be directed to email@example.com
Community and Connection
- DRC Virtual Front Desk
- Speak with a front desk staffer, schedule an initial appointment to get registered, and get into the drop-in queue to discuss questions or concerns you may have.
- Virtual Safe(r) Space
- Stay connected with the DRC during our Zoom front desk hours Monday-Friday 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Meeting ID: 379-914-326) and the Virtual Safer Space Mondays 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Meeting ID: 676-185-964) and Thursdays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Meeting ID: 641-016-069)!
- SHAC Wellness Series
- Join us Thursdays at 3 p.m. for the SHAC Wellness Series to gain strategies, resources, and knowledge about mental health and well-being topics including anxiety, self-care, stress, and organization in a remote learning environment. New topics every week! Register for the Wellness Series to receive the Zoom meeting details, topic information, and a chance to submit your questions ahead of time.
- Wednesday Weekly
- Keep up with the latest news, events, and helpful tips from the Disability Resource Center at Portland State University by subscribing to the DRC Wednesday Weekly, our weekly newsletter! Sign up today!
- Social Media
- Call first! (503) 725-2800. SHAC Health Services has limited onsite staff seeing essential appointments in the afternoons (instruct students to call ahead), as well as phone triage and emergency walk-ins all day during business hours. Telehealth is planned for the second week of spring term. Counseling Services is conducting all appointments remotely via phone or Zoom Telehealth.
- Campus Rec
- Campus Rec is providing a variety of virtual fitness and wellbeing resources and services. If you are interested in being added to their weekly Member email with wellbeing tips, CREC virtual offerings, and remote wellbeing resources please go to the Campus Rec website.