Executive Master of Public Administration
Preparing for Tomorrow's Leadership Challenges
The vitality of the public sector cannot be taken for granted. It requires creative approaches to leadership development as well as heightened efforts to develop the next generation of professional, managerial, and leadership talent. Our Executive MPA (EMPA) program—one of only two fully accredited EMPA programs in the country—equips our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary for advanced leadership roles in public service.
EMPA Program Benefits Include:
- Unique Leadership Model - central to the EMPA curriculum is a proven leadership model, tested for over 20 years in the U.S., Japan, Vietnam, and Korea.
- Saturday Class Sessions - weekend classes make it convenient for working professionals to attend.
- Cohort Learning Experience - students benefit from the rich and varied experiences of their peers.
- Faculty and Staff Advisors - each cohort has a mentor to provide guidance through the program, and each student works closely with a faculty advisor on a management challenge pertaining to their particular organization and goals.
- The Center for Public Service - students gain access to the wealth of the Center's resources and activities and become life-long members of a strong community of public service leaders.
- Apply now for the Fall 2017 cohort! The priority application deadline is April 1st, 2017.
- The Mark O. Hatfield School of Government was recently ranked in the top 50 graduate schools of Public Affairs by US News.
- Read about the 2014 EMPA Cohort's recent trip to Vietnam for their PA 544 International Field Experience.
- Check out pictures from the 2015 EMPA Cohort's National Policy Process Seminar in Washington D.C.