Honors Program In Computer Science
- Admission to the Computer Science Program
- Minimum overall 3.5 GPA at PSU and minimum 3.5 GPA in CS courses
- Completion of admission form to enter CS Honors Program.
The student will declare an area of interest within Computer Science for his/her research topic no later than the beginning of his/her Senior year (preferably by Spring quarter of his/her Junior year). The CS Chair, in consultation with faculty, will assign that student an Honors advisor. The advisor will work with the student to complete a written proposal for the Honors thesis research that requires Chair approval. Research will be conducted in a specialty area within Computer Science. CS Honors theses will follow ACM document guidelines for style and formatting. Usually, the Honors thesis research is conducted after the student has completed course requirements for the Junior year.
Bachelor of Science
- Completion of a written honors thesis, in conjunction with a faculty advisor, with a minimum grade of B+.
- Presentation of research to CS faculty/students in a seminar format.
- Minimum overall 3.5 GPA at PSU
The Honors Thesis, CS 403, may qualify as an approved CS elective.