How do I complete a Recital?

Every music major must present at least one recital in order to complete their degree requirements. To register for your recital, (Performance majors must present two, a junior and a senior recital). To know which recital for which to register, please see the following list:

  • BA, BS, & BM in Education Emphasis: MUS 047 or MUS 048
  • BM in Composition, Performance, & Jazz Emphasis: MUS 048 and MUS049
  • MM in Performance: MUS 506-001
  • MM in Conducting: MUS 506-002
  • MA and MS: MUS 506-003

After registering, come into the music department office (LH 231) during the first week of the term to pick up a recital packet. During that visit, a music department employee will take you through all the required steps, and deadlines you must meet before you give your recital. It is important that all of these steps are completed on time and before your recital is given, or you will be given a NO PASS for all of your hard work. Each student is given the option of using LH 75 and the right to have their recital recorded, free of charge, by the department.