Can non-admitted students take Computer Science courses?

Students may take up to 8 credits of lower division CS coursework per term without being formally admitted to PSU. In order to take upper division CS coursework, students must be admitted both to PSU and the CS Department. (Most graduate courses in our department carry 3 credits; most undergraduate courses carry 4 credits.) First-time registrants must provide a completed non-degree registration form to the Registration and Records office. Note that non-admitted students register after all other students, which can be a disadvantage for courses in high demand.