Undergraduate Advising in Communication
All Communication majors should discuss their academic progress with an advisor. Currently, there are two advisors for Communication: Tanya Romaniuk and Martha Dyson.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT:
To schedule a 30-minute appointment with Tanya Romaniuk: Please call the Department of Communication at 503-725-5384. Tanya's office is located in the Department of Communication on the 4th floor, University Center Building (UCB 440C).
To schedule a 30-minute appointment with Martha Dyson: Please call the Advising Center Coordinator at
503-725-3822. Martha's office is located in the Smith Memorial building on the 3rd floor mezzanine (SMSU M305).
International Students: Meet with an advisor who specializes in international admissions.
Before you see an advisor, please complete the following steps:
- Create a folder with important paperwork for advising and bring it to all your advising sessions. This includes copies of your transcripts, your printed DARS report, and anything else you think would be helpful for your advisor to view so that he/she can better assess your progress in the program.
- Familiarize yourself with the PSU Bulletin about the Communication Program before you see an advisor. The Bulletin lists the requirements for the major that are applied the year of your enrollment. Please view the Bulletin from the year your started the program.
- Create a draft of the courses you want to take, using the Bulletin as your guide to requirements. A tentative course schedule can be found at the Course Planning Guide website.
- Review the PSU advising website before you see an advisor.
- Write down all of your questions and bring them with you!
Cancelling advising appointments:
- If you scheduled an appointment but won't be able to make it, please call the front desk and let us know: