Format: Sessions delivered in a virtual format with live instructors & student interaction alongside online lessons to be completed each week.
Duration: 12 Weeks
Dates: TBD--Next offering coming in Fall 2021
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for managers, public administrators, and IT professionals in local governments, special districts, nonprofit organizations, tribal governments, small hospitals, and educational institutions who are concerned about data security and risk management in their organizations.
About the Center
The Mark O. Hatfield Center for Cybersecurity is a NSA/DHS National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Research
About this Program
Keeping your data safe and secure is one of the biggest threats that any organization faces. Cyber-attacks are increasingly targeting small and medium size organizations, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. This program is highly collaborative and will use a cohort-based case study approach to help you apply strategies to manage the risk of cyber-attack. Program coaches will work with participants to create a unique shared learning experience that is approachable for non-technical practitioners.
What You Will Learn
- The major types of threats and how they can be mitigated
- The costs and benefits of various security approaches
- How to create and implement a comprehensive risk management program for your organization
- How internal and external collaboration can enhance risk management
- Security strategies relating to issues such as privacy, legal and regulatory compliance, social and geopolitical impacts, national security and evolving technologies
- Best practices for protecting mobile workforces, developing security metrics, managing electronic evidence, handling e-crime and e-discovery, and securing information in the cloud
- How to develop and maintain risk assessments and risk management plans
- Standards for business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Techniques for designing information assurance strategies
- Intersection of public policy and cyber risk
- Dynamics of decision-making in a complex environment
Your instructors will be experts in cybersecurity, collaboration, and local government. This unique combination of expertise and practical experience will help ensure an accessible and highly impactful program.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Join our interest list to stay up to date.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.