Scholars for Success in STEM Bridge Program
STEM is an acronym that stands for "Science Technology Engineering & Math." The Scholars for Success in STEM Bridge (S3 Bridge) Program is an excellent way for freshmen and transfer students from diverse backgrounds to prepare for the challenges of entering a STEM major. The program also plays an important role in fulfilling PSU's commitment to cultivating a vibrant and inclusive campus community.
To meet the S3 Mentors click here.
S3 Bridge Scholars will join a supportive network of friends, peers, faculty, and staff through workshops, seminars, and occasional retreats. Scholars will develop academic skills that support their success in STEM, including:
- Achieve in rigorous science, engineering, and math courses
- Participate in study groups, review sessions, and seminars
- Develop leadership abilities
- Navigate the PSU Campus and become familiar with university culture
- Identify resources that will help them succeed
Both scholars and their peer mentors are expected to attend bi-monthly seminar & workshop events held on weekday afternoons. Students will receive a schedule of seminars and a shared Google Calendar which details the content covered and location of the seminar/workshop. Retreats/activities may be held on Saturdays with advance notice.These events will be marked as MANDATORY.
To get the most out of this program as a mentee & scholar, you must make a meaningful effort to grow as a learner and:
- Meet with your peer-mentor 1-on-1 at least twice a term
- Turn in mentee reports after 1-on-1 meetings
- Attend all S3 seminars and scheduled events
- Check-in with S3 Bridge supervisor once a month
- Submit Academic Progress reports in Fall and Winter terms
- Check-in with your Academic Advisor at least once a term
- Respond to S3 Bridge program emails in a reasonable time frame (1-2 business days for email)
Applying to the Program