Career Fairs for Employers
This term we are offering a full week of field-based virtual career fairs, prioritizing quality connections with qualified Portland State students and alumni. We welcome employers from the private sector, public sector, non-profit, and governmental organizations. Recruit diverse talent that has in depth knowledge of your industry.
Virtual Career Fairs include: Computer Science and Computer Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Media, Design, and Marketing, Construction Management, Architecture, Environmental, and Civil Engineering, Business: Banking, Finance, Sales, and Management, Social Impact, Health and Life Science, Government, Policy, and International Affairs, Hiring Now
Find Details below:
- How to Register
- Event Details
- Registration Fees
Computer Science and Computer Engineering Career & Internship Fair
February 22nd 2021. 11 - 2pm. Our Students are prepared for the industry through our innovative curriculum, specialized faculty mentors, and an emphasis on research and professional internships.
Electrical and Mechanical Career & Internship Fair
February 22nd 2021, 1 - 4pm. Students are equipped with electrical sciences, engineering physics concepts, and project management. Students begin research as an undergraduate and mentored by our expert faculty.
Media, Design, and Marketing Career & Internship Fair
February 23rd 2021, 12 - 3pm. You can expect students well versed in future-thinking innovation, trained in traditional studies, and technically fluent.
Construction Management, Architecture, Environmental, and Civil Engineering Career & Internship Fair
February 23rd 2021, 12 - 3pm. Our environmental and civil engineering curriculum covers a broad swath of civil and environmental engineering practices, specialized technical electives, and an industry partnered capstone. Architecture students engage in a materially diverse, urban-oriented, and socially engaged education.
Business: Banking, Finance, Sales, and Management Career & Internship Fair
February 24th 2021, 12 - 3pm. Future business leaders can be found right here on our campus in the heart of Portland. Our innovative students are equipped for corporate, start-up, small business, government, and nonprofit needs, finding creative and sustainable ways to solve the most pressing problems.
Social Impact Career, Internship, & Volunteer Fair
February 24th 2021, 12 - 3pm. An opportunity for your organization to share your mission with career, internship and volunteer seekers in Portland. Students from throughout PSU's community attend this fair in search of organizations that align with their goals and values.
Health and Life Science Career & Internship Fair
February 25th, 2021, 11 - 2pm. Students receive a foundation in public health and a chosen clinical path. Our Health and Life Science programs prepare students continuing in graduate programs and provide experience in a collaborative hands-on lab/research setting.
Government, Policy, and International Affairs Career & Internship Fair
February 25th 2021, 1 - 4pm. Our programs encourage students to raise their voices, call out injustice, and work toward making the world a better place. Students are given tools to understand power, 'the big picture', and conceive new and practical approaches to stubborn problems, based on their studies and community engagement.
Hiring Now Job Fair
February 26th 2021, 12 - 3pm. This fair focuses on organizations that have AVAILABLE part-time and full-time positions. The function of this fair is for employers to set specific qualifications and use one-on-one sessions for informational interviews and potential job interviews.
- Pre-registration is required; login and register on Handshake.
- All submitted registrations are pending University Career Center approval.
- Confirmations and full event details are emailed to all approved employer registrations.
- Need help registering for the virtual fair? Check out Handshake's How To Guide
- Right now all fairs are held virtually through Handshake
- Check out Handshake's Full Employer Guide to Virtual Fairs
- Each company will be able to host up to (15) different 1:1 schedules and up to (3) group sessions throughout this 3-hour event.
- 1:1 appointments are 10min long and each representative can set preferences for their own schedule, if so desired (ex. school year, major, grad date, etc).
- Group sessions are 30min each and can host up to 50 attendees at a time.
- You and your representatives may choose the times for your 1:1 and group sessions.
- Virtual Booth at Career & Internships Fairs: $230 - $330
- Virtual Booth at Social Impact Career, Internship, and Volunteer Fair: $50
- If you are interested in attending more than one of our virtual fairs, contact Greg Flores (email@example.com) so we can build you a custom package that fits your needs.
- If you are interest in sponsorship opportunities, contact Raegan Jaeger (firstname.lastname@example.org) to explore options.
- Field-based career fairs help increase student interest and boost attendance
- Students and Alumni will have more specialization in the field you are hiring in
- Virtual career fairs offer flexibility to your schedule, and theirs
- One-on-one sessions provide an opportunity for in depth conversations