Undergraduate Certificate Online Program Business Blockchain
Business Blockchain Certificate Overview
Develop blockchain skills that prepare you for the next technological revolution.
PSU's online Business Blockchain Certificate is rich with in-depth analytical and practical skill development. In the first for-credit certificate of its kind in the country, you’ll experience an interdisciplinary approach to blockchain education, including hands-on practice with distributed ledger technology that creates and executes transactions and smart contracts.
The School of Business is collaborating with Oregon's blockchain leaders to offer a series of courses packed with use cases, guest speakers, and industry mentors. You’ll move beyond cryptocurrency concepts to explore other areas of business, including supply chain, finance, healthcare, and real estate—all critical business functions where blockchain skills are in high demand.
PSU’s Business Blockchain Certificate is designed for forward-thinking students and community members ready to gain an edge in a rapidly developing technology.
Growing demand for blockchain skills:
- Blockchain tops the list of most in-demand hard skills for 2020, according to LinkedIn
- Glassdoor, a job search site, reported that blockchain-related job postings increased 300% from 2017 to 2018.
- In a 2019 Deloitte survey of executives worldwide, 80% said blockchain will be critical or important to their company’s priorities, and 54% of surveyed executives in the U.S. are actively hiring for blockchain skills.
Connect with us at email@example.com.
Business Blockchain Certificate: Why PSU?
- Link technological savvy with a business mindset. You’ll learn how to evaluate blockchain applications in a variety of business environments. This is your opportunity to develop the skills necessary to evaluate blockchain use cases from the perspective of the end-user, system engineer, and C-suite executive. The Business Blockchain Certificate equips you with the critical thinking skills that will make you stand out in any profession.
- High-touch online format. As a fully online program, the Business Blockchain Certificate offers flexibility and convenience—it can fit easily into a busy schedule. You’ll do coursework where and when it fits into your calendar, with a user-friendly digital platform that supports interaction between students and faculty.
- Industry connected. Leaders from Intel, Oracle, Nike and blockchain start-ups are sharing their knowledge and networks as guest speakers, mentors, and advisors. You’ll become part of Oregon’s vibrant and rapidly evolving blockchain community.
- Rigorous academics. You’ll earn the Business Blockchain Certificate from our nationally-ranked School of Business that’s highly respected by employers. We’ve earned recognition from US News & World Report, and we hold elite dual accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which puts us among the top 1% of business schools.
- Experiential learning. In 2018 and 2019, PSU undergraduate business students earned first place in the TrueUp Blockchain Challenge, a national gamified case competition that tests blockchain skills and pairs students with industry mentors.
Business Blockchain Certificate Highlights
- Confers skills that are in very high demand, a demand that's expected to increase significantly in coming years
- Makes you a competitive job candidate in the expanding field of business technology
- Online format maximizes flexibility and convenience
- Offered by PSU’s nationally ranked business school
- Curriculum informed by industry leaders
- Blockchain internship opportunities available through industry partners
Who Can Pursue the Business Blockchain Certificate?
- The Business Blockchain Certificate can be paired with any PSU undergraduate degree. Undergraduate certificate programs are an additional sequence of coursework designed to further customize your degree based on your interests or career goals. Certificate programs are led by faculty who specialize in the certificate industry area, offering you additional access to resources and connections to industry. Contact your academic advisor to learn more about adding a certificate to your degree. The Business Blockchain Certificate is open to all PSU degrees. PSU upper-division undergraduate students may also take individual courses that are included in the blockchain certificate curriculum.
- Community members who do not hold a bachelor's degree may take the courses as a non-degree student.
- At the graduate level, the Business Blockchain Certificate can be paired with any PSU graduate degree or earned as a stand-alone certificate by professionals with a bachelor’s degree or higher. PSU graduate students may also take individual courses that are included in the certificate curriculum.
What can I do with a certificate in Business Blockchain?
PSU’s certificate in business blockchain provides you with the knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency concepts and an understanding of how these technologies can transform businesses and industries. You’ll be equipped to use analytical skills to address technical and business problems, work with distributed ledger technologies, and respond effectively to blockchain-related changes and opportunities in your company and industry.
Business Blockchain Certificate Curriculum
The Business Blockchain Certificate curriculum was co-designed and led by PSU business and computer science faculty, along with Oregon's blockchain leaders.
Download the Business Blockchain Certificate Sequence Sheet (PDF) for additional details about our pre-requisites, requirements, credits and suggested sequences.
|Fall||Blockchain Fundamentals: ISQA 481 (4)
Blockchain Fundamentals Lab: CS 410 (2)
|Winter||Blockchain in Business: ISQA 483 (4)
Blockchain in Business Lab: ISQA 484 (2)
|Spring||Blockchain Uses and Applications: ISQA 485 (4)
Emerging Topics in Blockchain: ISQA 486 (2)
- All Courses: Blockchain Bootcamp: Basic Database & Distributed Ledger Concepts* (No Credit. Pass/No Pass)
- ISQA 485 requires any two of the Fall or Winter courses
*The bootcamp course is a series of video modules and assessments designed to prepare students with introductory knowledge on database technology and distributed ledger technology. The course will be available at no cost to all students pursuing the Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
One of less than 200 business schools worldwide — top 1% — to be accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB is the elite business school accreditation known internationally.