Graduate Certificate Online Program Human Resource Analytics
Human Resource Analytics Graduate Certificate Overview
Develop HR analytics expertise and marketable skills that are in high demand
Many of today’s leading organizations use human resource (HR) analytics to achieve a competitive advantage. By effectively acquiring, managing, analyzing, and reporting HR data, organizations improve decisions related to hiring, managing, developing, and retaining workers. In fact, Deloitte Human Capital recently found that 85% of companies regard HR analytics as “important” or “very important” and 70% are in the process of using HR analytics to inform decision making — but only 42% think they’re prepared to do so. Further, advances in information technology have automated many transactional HR activities, freeing up more time for HR professionals to leverage data to transform an organization’s workforce and realize strategic objectives.
Portland State University’s HR Analytics Graduate Certificate equips you with the necessary conceptual knowledge and applied skills to bring employers up to speed and to fill a critical talent gap. Offered fully online to meet the needs of working professionals, our HR analytics certificate provides you with highly marketable expertise in strategy, theory, scientific process, communication, and a variety of tools and applications. In fact, multiple courses teach how to use powerful tools — like the programming language R and Tableau — to glean valuable insights from data through thoughtful and effective data management, analysis, interpretation, and storytelling.
Whether you’re a long-time human resources professional or you're breaking into the field, our fully online HR Analytics Graduate Certificate gives you extremely valuable skills that can increase your job status, professional impact, and earning potential.
HR Analytics Graduate Certificate: Why PSU?
- Applied, results-oriented education. You’ll develop practical HR analytics skills that have an immediate impact. The program covers the most current tools and techniques in HR analytics, including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics, data visualization, and storytelling with data.
- Flexibility and convenience. As a fully online program, the HR Analytics Graduate Certificate can fit easily into a full-time professional schedule. You’ll do coursework where and when it fits into your calendar, with a user-friendly digital platform that supports interaction between students and faculty.
- Experienced faculty. PSU’s HR analytics courses are taught by industry pros, academic experts, and award-winning instructors who’ve worked as executives or consultants for organizations ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations. They teach from a combination of first-hand experience and scholarly research evidence, providing career insights and guidance that goes beyond the textbook for hands-on, cutting-edge impact.
- Rigorous academics. You’ll earn the HR Analytics Graduate Certificate from our nationally-ranked School of Business that’s highly respected by employers. We’ve earned recognition from US News & World Report, and we hold elite dual accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which puts us among the top 1% of business schools.
HR Analytics Graduate Certificate Highlights
- Confers skills that are in very high demand
- Online format maximizes flexibility and convenience for working professionals
- Offered by PSU’s nationally ranked business school
- Accessible for experienced HR professionals and those new to the industry
- Curriculum designed by premier academic scholars and industry pros
- SHRM professional development credit is available for each completed course
What Can I Do With the HR Analytics Graduate Certificate?
PSU’s graduate certificate in HR analytics qualifies you for supervisory and leadership roles in human resource management. Job titles vary widely among organizations, but some possible job titles include:
- HR analyst
- HR consultant
- People research scientist
- HR information system manager
- HR information technology manager
- Senior business analyst
- Talent manager
- Director of workforce analytics
- Director of employee engagement
- Workforce intelligence specialist
- Chief HR officer
HR Analytics Graduate Certificate Curriculum
The HR Analytics Graduate Certificate program consists of six courses and can be completed in three terms (nine months). You’ll learn how to use data analytics software and tools, implement data-informed strategic HR initiatives, improve workforce acquisition, management, development and retention, improve human capital efficiencies, and identify prevailing legal and ethical issues when working with HR data.
Learn more in Frequently Asked Questions.
- MGMT 541 Introduction to HR Analytics
- MGMT 548 Asking HR Questions, Telling HR Stories
- MGMT 542 HR Analytics Tools and Applications
- MGMT 543 HR Metrics and Analytics in Daily Operations
- MGMT 552 HR Analytics Capstone (Prerequisite: MGMT 542)
- MGMT 553 HR Data Visualization
Accreditation & Rankings
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
One of fewer than 200 business schools worldwide — top 1% — to be accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB is the elite business school accreditation known internationally.