Graduate Certificate Online Program Business Blockchain
Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate Overview
Develop blockchain skills that prepare you for the next technological revolution.
PSU's fully online Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate is rich with in-depth analytical and practical skill development. In the first for-credit certificate of its kind in the country, you’ll experience an interdisciplinary approach to blockchain education, including hands-on practice with distributed ledger technology that creates and executes transactions and smart contracts.
The School of Business is collaborating with Oregon's blockchain leaders to offer a series of courses packed with use cases, guest speakers, and industry mentors. You’ll move beyond cryptocurrency concepts to explore other areas of business, including supply chain, finance, healthcare, and real estate—all critical business functions where blockchain skills are in high demand.
PSU’s Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate is designed for forward-thinking students and business professionals ready to gain an edge in a rapidly developing technology. The certificate can be earned as a stand-alone credential or paired with a PSU graduate degree like The Portland MBA, Master of Science in Applied Data Science for Business, Master of Science in Finance, or Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management.
Growing demand for blockchain skills:
- Blockchain tops the list of most in-demand hard skills for 2020, according to LinkedIn
- Glassdoor, a job search site, reported that blockchain-related job postings increased 300% from 2017 to 2018.
- In a 2019 Deloitte survey of executives worldwide, 80% said blockchain will be critical or important to their company’s priorities, and 54% of surveyed executives in the U.S. are actively hiring for blockchain skills.
Connect with us at email@example.com.
Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate: Why PSU?
- Link technological savvy with a business mindset. You’ll learn how to evaluate blockchain applications in a variety of business environments. This is your opportunity to develop the skills necessary to evaluate blockchain use cases from the perspective of the end-user, system engineer, and C-suite executive. The Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate equips you with the critical thinking skills that will make you stand out in any profession.
- High-touch online format. As a fully online program, the Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate offers flexibility and convenience—it can fit easily into a full-time professional schedule. You’ll do coursework where and when it fits into your calendar, with a user-friendly digital platform that supports interaction between students and faculty.
- Industry connected. Leaders from Intel, Oracle, Nike, and blockchain start-ups are sharing their knowledge and networks as guest speakers, mentors, and advisors. You’ll become part of Oregon’s vibrant and rapidly evolving blockchain community.
- Rigorous academics. You’ll earn the Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate from our nationally-ranked School of Business that’s highly respected by employers. We’ve earned recognition from US News & World Report, and we hold elite dual accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which puts us among the top 1% of business schools.
Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate Highlights
- Confers skills that are in very high demand, a demand that's expected to increase significantly in coming years
- Makes you a competitive job candidate in the expanding field of business technology
- Online format maximizes flexibility and convenience for working professionals
- Offered by PSU’s nationally ranked business school
- Curriculum informed by industry leaders
- Blockchain internship opportunities available through industry partners
Who Can Pursue the Business Blockchain Certificate?
- At the graduate level, the Business Blockchain Certificate can be paired with any PSU graduate degree or earned as a stand-alone certificate by professionals with a bachelor’s degree or higher. PSU graduate students may also take individual courses that are included in the certificate curriculum.
- The Business Blockchain Certificate can also be paired with any PSU undergraduate degree
- Community members who do not hold a bachelor's degree may take the courses as a non-degree student
What can I do with a graduate certificate in Business Blockchain?
PSU’s graduate certificate in business blockchain provides you with the knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency concepts and an understanding of how these technologies can transform businesses and industries. You’ll be equipped to use analytical skills to address technical and business problems, work with distributed ledger technologies, and respond effectively to blockchain-related changes and opportunities in your company and industry.
Co-designed and led by PSU business and computer science faculty, along with Oregon's blockchain leaders.
|TERM||COURSES - TOTAL CREDITS: 18|
|Fall||BTA 481/581 Blockchain Fundamentals (4 credits)
CS 410 Bus. Blockchain Fundamentals Lab (2 credits) or
BTA 410/510 Blockchain and Exponential Tech (2 credits)
|Winter||BTA 483/583S Blockchains in Business (4 credits)
BTA 484/584S Blockchains in Business Lab (2 credits)
|Spring||BTA 485/585S Blockchain Uses and Applications (4 credits)
BTA 486/586S Emerging Topics in Blockchain (2 credits)
All Courses: Blockchain Bootcamp: Basic Database & Distributed Ledger Concepts*
(No Credit. Pass/No Pass)
BTA 585: requires any two of the Fall or Winter courses
*The bootcamp course is a series of video modules and assessments designed to prepare students with introductory knowledge on database technology and distributed ledger technology. The course will be available at no cost to all students pursuing the Business Blockchain Graduate Certificate or individual courses in the certificate curriculum.
Portland State University is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
One of fewer than 200 business schools worldwide — top 1% — to be accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB is the elite business school accreditation known internationally.