WRC Action Teams
Joining an Action Team at the WRC is a great way to develop leadership skills, practice community activism, create meaningful change, network, make new friends, and have fun too. The WRC hosts the following Action Teams:
Sustainability Action Team
- Survey current practices and suggest sustainable improvements. Create ties between the Office of Sustainability and the WRC while working with the WRC Assistant Director. Identify and share connections with social sustainability, environmental sustainability, and women. Create programming materials as well as hold weekly/bi-weekly meetings with members.
- Contact: Virginia Martin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PSUEcoFemmes
Love Your Body Action Team
- Works to address issues of body image and eating disorder awareness on campus. Creates programming materials which used to outreach to students as well as hold events and weekly meetings. Develop goals in conjunction with the WRC Assistant Director.
- Contact: Hannah Hibbs
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LYBAT
Reproductive Justice Action Team
- Works to support the rights of people to make their own decisions about their reproductive and sexual health, and to have access to knowledge and resources to help make those decisions. Develop goals and hold events on campus and produce materials which engage students in relevant issues of reproductive justice. Meets weekly.
- Contact: Shilpa Esther and Sofia Ellis-Curry
- Email: WRCreproductivejustice@gmail.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WRCRJAT
Women Veterans Outreach Action Team
- Works to create ties with Veterans' Student Services and recruit members. Determines goals to address during the year with the WRC Assistant Director and holds events as well as creates programming materials that outreach to women veterans. Will have weekly/bi-weekly meetings with members.
- Contact: Erin Danielson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WVOAT
Women of Color Action Team
- Works to provide a safe space for women of color and their allies to focus solely on developing events that address the unique issues of women of color. It is an opportunity to network and build an empowered community of women of color at Portland State University.
- Contact: Danielle Huxley
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EPWOCAT
Men in the Movement Action Team
- Works to identify opportunities for male allies to support the efforts of the Women’s Resource Center. Develops goals, events, and materials with the WRC Director to address men in the movement and promote awareness on campus.
- Contact: Zeke Ogburn
- Email: MenInTheMovement@gmail.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MenAndTheMovement
If you are interested in participating in an Action Team, the first step is to join the WRC community on OrgSync. Once you've signed up on OrgSync, you can apply to be a volunteer at the WRC or join an Action Team. You'll also receive news about events, opportunities, and ways to get involved at the WRC.
Follow these steps
All information submitted on the application is private and confidential and will not be sold. After applying, you will be contacted by the WRC Volunteer Coordinator, Danielle Huxley. If you have specific questions about Action Teams, please email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just curious about Action Teams?
Feel free to drop-in for an Action Team meeting. View our Upcoming Events to find out when the next meeting is scheduled to take place.
Resources for Action Teams
If you would like to start an Action Team with the Women's Resource Center, please fill out the WRC Action Team Constitution. If you are currently a chair on an Action Team, at the end of each term please fill out an Action Team Term Report.