WRC Action Teams
If you are interested in participating in an Action Team, the first step is to join the WRC community on OrgSync. To learn how to do this go to our How to join the WRC on OrgSync page. Once you've signed up on OrgSync, you can apply to be a volunteer at the WRC or join an Action Team. You'll also receive news about events, opportunities, and ways to get involved at the WRC.
Follow these steps
- Make sure that you are a WRC OrgSync member first!
- Next, fill out the Volunteer Registration Form.
All information submitted on the application is private and confidential and will not be sold. If you have specific questions about Action Teams, please email Sheena at email@example.com.
WRC Action Teams
Joining an Action Team at the WRC is a great way to develop leadership skills, practice community activism, create meaningful change, network, make new friends, and have fun too. The WRC hosts the following Action Teams:
Environmental Justice Action Team
- The Environmental Justice Action Team strives to promote and teach sustainability on campus; making sustainability accessible to students. We plan to work toward informing individuals about enviornmental justice, but also towards strengthening and building the action team into a sustainable and established presence on campus. This will include the regular attendance of members at meetings, building faulty relations, and creating connections with other groups on campus.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PSUEcoFemmes
Love Your Body Action Team
- The Love Your Body Action Team aims promotes body positivity and acceptance of people of all sizes on Portland State's campus. We strive to offer support to students in fostering body positivity, advocating against body shaming policies and occurrences. We also work to provide a safer, social space for discussion of body politics and body positive events. We promote health at every size, and a holistic view of health including mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Our mission for this group is to create a space where we can all explore what Radical Self Love, Self Care, and Community can look like when we hold space for these concepts.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LYBAT
Reproductive Justice Action Team
- Reproductive Justice works to support the rights of people to make their own decisions about their reproductive and sexual health, and to have access to knowledge and resources to help make those decisions. We do this by developing quarterly goals and holding events on campus ranging from films and discussions, lectures, safe sex talks and much more in order to engage students in relevant issues of reproductive justice.
- Email: WRCreproductivejustice@gmail.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WRCRJAT
Women Veterans Outreach Action Team
- This group aims to create community amongst student veterans at PSU. Contribute to the conversation and represent Women Veteran needs and goals for the Women’s Resource center, as well as influence the events and programming at the WRC for women veterans.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WVOAT
Women of Color Action Team
- WOCAT works to provide a safe space for women of color and their allies to focus solely on developing events that address the unique issues of women of color. It is an opportunity to network and build an empowered community of women of color at Portland State University.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EPWOCAT
Men and the Movement Action Team
- MatM is dedicated to engaging men in feminism. We accomplish this by building community, raising awareness, and encouraging men to be part of the solution in ending men’s violence against all women.
- Email: MenAndTheMovement@gmail.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MenAndTheMovement
Just curious about Action Teams?
Feel free to drop-in for an Action Team meeting. View our Upcoming Events to find out when the next meeting is scheduled to take place.