Girls: Oregon, Action, Leadership, Service
Thank you to Summit co-conveners YWCA of Greater Portland & Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest!
Our Teens Lead program was so successful, we’ve decided to expand it so more girls from the Portland area can get involved in our exciting activities. We believe girls in Oregon have important contributions to make to all our lives, and we work to give girls a place to learn and connect, and a platform to make their voices heard.
We’ve changed the name to Girls: Oregon, Action, Leadership, Service – to really demonstrate what is most important to the girls who have participated in the past.
Are you interested in participating in an online Leadership Challenge or one of our yearlong Gatherings. Visit the Girls: Oregon, Action, Leadership, Service Site for all the details.
During the school year, you will have the chance to put your skills into practice, supported with five online leadership challenges and four face-to-face gatherings hosted by our organizations. In the spring, you’ll be invited to our SPRING MEET-UP to offer your insights and describe your cool projects, and contribute to the planning of the Summit for 2015. The next Fall Summit will be held in Fall 2015 - thank you to all the girls that joined us for the Fall 2014 Summit!
Come join us! We can't wait to launch this exciting new chapter and bring more girls with us!
We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or degree of gender conformity. Any self-identified girl is welcome in our programs.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.725.2895.
YOU BELONG WITH US IF:
- You are a girl with something to say
- You want to meet other girls and women who are leaders in their schools and communities
- You are a girl with something on your mind
- You want to build community and take action with other committed girls
- You are a girl who cares
- You are girl who wants some good information about college and careers
- You are a girl who fights for what she believes in
- You are a girl who is creative and expresses her thoughts and beliefs
- You are a girl who wants to learn
- You are a girl who wants to try something new
- To reach diverse girls in their teens and to provide mentorship, education, life skills and networking.
- Listen and respond to what girls need.
- Work collaboratively with other girl-serving organizations to create synergistic partnerships and strive to provide unique programming, not duplicating the efforts of others.
- Teach girls how to access resources they need.
- Actively seek out and steward donor support for the program with efficiency and integrity.
- Speak publicly on issues directly impacting girls in Oregon; when possible, train girls to speak on their own behalf on issues directly impacting their lives.
- Bring more diverse voices into civic engagement and advance young women into leadership positions across diverse sectors throughout our state and our nation.
- Stay connected with our graduates as they move out into the world beyond high school.
- Stay engaged in program improvement based on sound research on girls and leadership.Highlight and amplify the leadership focus of other girl-centered nonprofits in our area!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the program like?
You can participate for free in our on-line and face-to-face challenges and special leadership programs throughout the school year. At the end of the year, you will be invited to our Spring Meet-Up. Our next Summit will be in Fall 2015.
What if I can’t afford the Summit?
No girl will be turned away for lack of funds. Please contact our office at 503-725-2895 for information!
Does the year-long program cost anything?No! Thanks to the generosity of our donors, it is offered free of charge.
Who are the other organizations involved?
Can anyone participate?
We invite all girls in high school in the Portland and surround areas to apply. We encourage students with all kinds of interests and backgrounds.
I still have more questions!
We believe there are no dumb questions, and we will do our best to answer any and all that you may have. Please send an email to email@example.com