Non-Credit: Proficiency Examination Option
Admitted PSU Students use the Proficiency Exam to meet:
- The BA Second Language Requirement (203)
- The PSU Admissions Requirement (102)
- The International Studies Language Requirement (303)
- The MA Second Language Requirement (203)
Individual Proficiency Examinations are $125, payable by credit card or check to the PSU Department of World Languages and Literatures. These fees apply to non-PSU students and to PSU students who are tested by WLL part-time faculty or WLL-approved outside examiners.
- There may be fees ($125) assessed for proficiency testing.
- This exam is to prove proficiency only. No credit will be awarded. (Credit may be awarded to PSU-admitted students through Credit by Exam, which requires additional payment.)
- If taking this exam to meet a requirement outside of PSU, you will need to verify with your home institution that it will meet its standards.
- Test must be completed within 30 days of the application date.
No refunds will be issued.